2 medium Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured sirloin steaks
1 teaspoons olive oil
2 red onions
1 yellow pepper
1 orange pepper
250g of tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic
Measuring spoons, measuring jug, chopping boards, tongs, knives, frying pan, garlic crusher
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 6.
2. De-seed and slice the peppers into wedges
3. Peel and slice the onion into wedges
4. Slice the tomatoes into wedges
5. Slice the courgettes into rounds
6. Place the peppers, onions and tomatoes onto a baking tray
7. Peel and crush the garlic
8. Juice the lemon
9. Mix 2tbsp of the olive oil with the garlic and lemon.
10. Drizzle over the vegetables, toss and spread out on an even layer.
11. Roast for 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven. Add the courgettes and the remaining olive oil.
12. Roast for a further 15 minutes, remove, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and return to roast for the final 5 minutes.
13. Brush the steaks with a little of the oil and season with pepper.
14. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the steaks and cook for:
· 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare,
· 3 minutes for medium
· 4 minutes for medium well
· 5 minutes per side for well done.
15. Remove the steaks to a plate and allow to rest before serving with roasted vegetables.