2 medium Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured sirloin steaks
1 teaspoons olive oil
100ml apple juice
150ml beef stock
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons cream / crème fraiche
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
80g baby spinach leaves
Measuring spoons, measuring jug, chopping boards, tongs, knives, frying pan, garlic crusher
1. Brush the steaks with a little of the oil and season with pepper.
2. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the steaks and cook for:
· 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare
· 3 minutes for medium
· 4 minutes for medium well
· 5 minutes per side for well done
3. Remove the steaks to a plate and keep warm while you make the sauce.
4. Add apple juice and beef stock to the pan and reduce by half.
5. Whisk in mustard, cream and pepper. Reduce the temperature and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes until thick.
6. Peel and finely slice the red onion
7. Clean and slice the mushrooms
8. Peel and crush the garlic
9. Heat the oil in a separate frying pan and cook mushrooms until starting to turn golden.
10. Add the onion and cook until soft.
11. Stir in the garlic and spinach, cooking for a few minutes until the spinach wilts.