250g NIFQA steak minced beef
1 Clove garlic
1x5ml sp (1 tsp mustard) English or Dijon
1x5ml sp (1 tsp) ground pepper
1x5ml sp ( 1tsp) Worcestershire sauce
1x10ml sp (1 dessertspoon) tomato ketchup
1x10ml sp (1 dessertspoon) sweet chilli sauce
½ beaten egg
50g cheese of choice, e.g. cube cheddar, cubed feta, or cubed mozzarella
1x15ml (1 tbsp) rapeseed /olive oil
GINGER AND TOMATO RELISH:
1 red onion
8/10 cherry tomatoes
1 garlic clove
1x 10ml sp (1 dessertspn) root ginger
2x15ml sp (2 tbsp). honey
1x15 ml sp (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
1x15 ml sp (1 tbsp). vegetable oil
Mixing Bowl, chopping board, frying pan with lid, knife, garlic crusher, wooden spoon, spatula, measuring spoons, small saucepan, grater, pot rest, tongs, tablespoon, teaspoon, plate.
1. Mix burger ingredients together in a bowl, minced steak, mustard, garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sweet chilli sauce, breadcrumbs, seasoning, bind with lightly beaten egg. Wash and chop parsley.
2. With clean wet hands to prevent sticking, on a chopping board divide into equal portions, shape into burgers, place cheese cube in centre , reshape, rest in refrigerator
REMEMBER TO WASH HANDS THOROUGHLY AFTER HANDLING RAW MEAT
3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan, pan fry burgers until golden brown, and ensure they are cooked through to the centre
GINGER AND TOMATO RELISH
4. Peel and dice onion, peel and crush garlic, fry in a little oil in saucepan
5. Add balsamic vinegar, honey, bring to the boil and reduce until syrupy
6. Halve tomatoes, coat in syrup, reduce heat and keep warm.
7. To assemble, split and toast brioche buns, place the meat burgers on the bun, and add the ginger and tomato relish on top of burger ,sprinkle chopped parsley.
SERVE: Side salad.