1 tablespoon olive oil
4Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb steaks
1 large red onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
200ml lamb stock
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 butternut squash
1 red onion
120g baby spinach leaves
400g tin chick peas, drained
2 large flat breads, cut in half
2 tablespoons Greek natural yogurt
Baking tray, ladle, colander, spoon, chopping boards, measuring spoons, measuring jug, wooden spoons oven gloves, knives, frying pan
1. Peel and slice the butternut squash into small chunks.
2. Peel and dice the onion. Peel and chop the garlic
3. Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml of boiling water
4. Using a separate chopping board, dice the lamb into small pieces. Remember to thoroughly wash hands after handling raw meat.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion until soft.
6. Add the garlic, Moroccan seasoning, cumin ginger and cinnamon to the saucepan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml of water and add to pan with passata and honey.
8. Add the butternut squash and continue to cook for 10 - 15 minutes until tender.
9. Add the lamb, stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Check that the lamb is cooked through thoroughly and there are no pink juices.
10. Drain the chick peas and add to the pan with spinach, cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
11. Warm the flatbreads for a few minutes in a hot oven.
12. Ladle the stew into warm bowls and drizzle with a little yoghurt. Serve with warm flat breads.